Saturday, September 6, 2008

We're getting married!

On August 27th, the day before my birthday, Steve proposed. Of course, I said yes! I probably said yes twenty times, I was so excited. Pepper barked through the whole proposal, wanting to be part of the special occasion. The three of us will officially be a family!

We've set our wedding date for February 21. The wedding will be in Seattle. More details to follow.

Here are some pictures from that night. Steve had made a trail of rose petals up to the front door of my house and put a rose in the wreath. I had a big clue that something was up! The ring was Steve's great-grandmother's ring. We will reset it, but I included a picture of what it looks like when Steve proposed.





Here is a picture of Michelle and me (and Elizabeth) celebrating our birthday. As you can imagine, it was a very happy birthday!

8 comments:

Ladybugs (Teri) said...

MaryBeth,
I'm so thrilled to hear you're engaged! You look so happy and content! Congratulations and know that you're both in my thoughts and prayers!
Lots of love,
Teri
XOXO

Anonymous said...

I'm excited! I can't wait. I loved two my daughters' weddings. They were two of the three best days of my life - my wedding day being the other. I know that Mary Beth and Steve's wedding will be added to my best days' list.

Mom said...

Mary Beth and Steve,
My wish for you is that you are able to laugh often, forgive easily, focus on each other strengths, let your imperfections fall by the wayside, help each other develop your own gifts and talents, and be able to make each other happy. I'm thrilled for both of you and look forward to February.
Love,
Mom

Kathy said...

Mary Beth,
I'm so happy for both you and Steve. I wish you many years of happiness!!!

Michelle said...

Yeah! I'm so excited that Steve is going to be part of our family. Officially, that is! I'm so happy for you both!
P.S. Elizabeth is excited, too. She wants to know if you're going to dance with your veil on or off...(this is very important to her..Moira took hers off, but I didn't).

MB said...

Thanks for all of the nice wishes!! We are both excited to be getting married.

I think I will wear a veil, but take it off for the reception. :)

Karmel said...

We're all excited here. MB, you're such an awesome person and we're just stoked that you're so happy. Steve is great.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mary! We are all very happy for you! Katherine is very pleased with your selection...marrying someone that "draws funny pictures" apparently is crucial in her book! Can't wait to hear details!

xoxo,
jane, john, kat, elena & frank