
Back in July, the New York Times had an article about chocolate chip cookies and the quest for the best recipe. Finally, I had a chance to try the recipe this weekend. The results were amazing! It was an easy recipe - the hardest part was finding the chocolate disks. I found them at Whole Foods like the recipe said, but I had to go to a few stores before finding them in stock. I highly recommend this recipe and searching for these chocolate disks - they make a huge difference in the taste of the cookie.
In other news... The house is still on the market, and as you may imagine, it's not a good time to be selling a house. Hopefully things will pick up once things calm down on Wall Street and with the banks. I did have an agent call to show the house this morning - the first call in two weeks. My agent has been holding open houses and she has gotten feedback that my house is the best house for the value in my neighborhood. Just in case, I ordered a statue of St. Joseph. According to tradition, I'll bury it upside down in the front yard, facing the house. It can't hurt.
The wedding plans are coming along. So far, we've reserved the social hall for the reception and a photographer. I bought my dress and shoes from a small shop in Seattle that designs and makes their own dresses. We're talking to caterers and we have an appointment to taste wedding cakes on Tuesday. Yum!
(The above photo was taken with my iPhone. It takes pretty good photos!)
3 comments:
I've heard of several people trying out the famous NY Times recipe and they all agree that it's great. Have you ever ready the Not Martha blog? She's in Seattle and mentioned her quest to find the chocolate disks too. I'll have to try it one of these days...Oh, and have fun with the tastings. That was one of the best things about planning a weeding--we got to eat amazing food for free! Good luck with the rest of the planning.
Yeah, I've read about those cookies too, and was also going to recommend you read Not Martha as well. She's one of my favorite bloggers. The cookies sound delicious! I bet Paul would love them, but since we don't have a Whole Foods near us, it'll be hard to get the chocolate disks, I bet.
I've become a chocolate chip cookie baker of late, and I will definitely look for those next time I visit a Whole Foods in the Big D. Maybe in Ann Arbor on our way home sometime. Sounds good. Though lately I've had trouble with my cookies collapsing and not rising ... as well as making it hard for me to lose weight...I have no self control.
Congrats on the dress. If I know your taste, it's beautiful I'm sure. And good luck on the house!
Post a Comment