Unfortunately for Pepper, we decided to walk the race, putting him out of contention for winning. He was a good sport about it and cheerfully participated anyway.
The race was held at beautiful Seward Park. (I've lived 10 years in Seattle and this is the first time I've ever gone to this park. It's so scenic. It's on this little peninsula that jets out into Lake Washington.) There were 1600 dogs running with their owners. It was quite something to see so many dogs in one place.
The race benefit's Seattle animal shelters. I walked for Amanda and Hattie. Cats, for obvious reasons, are not welcome to participate.




2 comments:
How neat! I've never heard of anything like this around here; it sounds very Seattle. Pepper looks very handsome in his official bandanna. I also just noticed he has one spotted paw, which is awesome. ;)
Pepper, you are so handsome- you should be a movie star!
Post a Comment