Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Awesome Weekend

Steve and I had a great time in Santa Fe this past weekend. We stayed at the Inn on the Paseo, which was just a few blocks from the Plaza. We walked over to the Plaza for all of our meals and the food was amazing. I'm now a green chile fan!

Besides the food, the highlight of the trip was the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum. The current exhibit is Georgia O'Keeffe and Ansel Adams: Natural Affinities. The two were friends and influenced each other's work, which I never knew. Ansel Adams visited O'Keeffe in New Mexico and they both featured the same subjects in their work. It was so fascinating.

We drove up to Los Alamos and went to the science museum there. We made a quick stop at Bandelier National Monument. We also drove up to the Santa Fe ski area to see the trees and other foliage at the higher elevations. The scenery in the area is truly beautiful.

On Sunday, we met up with my cousin Amy and her boyfriend Eric. Amy just moved to Santa Fe last summer and she loves it there! She's doing great and plans to stay even though she's leaving her current job.

I left Steve in sunny Santa Fe yesterday and I'm now back in rainy Seattle. Steve will be in Santa Fe through Thursday, staying at the ultra posh Bishop's Lodge Resort and Spa. I'll be returning next week, but I'll be staying at the Hilton on the Plaza - not nearly as exotic.

Here are some pictures from the weekend.



St. Francis Cathedral on the Plaza





The Plaza





Santa Fe architecture





Scene at the Santa Fe train station





On the way to Los Alamos





Bandelier National Monument





Bandelier National Monument





Blue skies and Aspens in the mountains





Scenic view near the Santa Fe ski area





Pondering the beauty





Eric and Amy





Enjoying Santa Fe

4 comments:

Mrs. White said...

Hello, Pepper! MB never told me you had your own blog but it's terrific, and despite a lack of opposable thumbs you sure take some beautiful photographs. Impressive job, buddy. :)

Carrie said...

Santa Fe looks like fun! I've never really been to that part of the country (I'm thinking Las Vegas doesn't count), so it's all pretty foreign to me. But pretty!

And I feel sooo lame, but I don't think I knew Amy moved to Santa Fe. Great cousin I am...

MB said...

Mrs. White - Pepper enjoys your blog. I relay stories from your blog to Steve and Pepper regularly. (The Nubes story is referenced often also.)

Carrie, you would love Santa Fe. I didn't go into details, but the food there is amazing. There are so many good restaurants. You should take a road trip out to the southwest sometime...

Karmel said...

Wow, it looks absolutely wonderful. I am so jealous of all you traveling folks. Those are great pictures. And I'm sure the food was great ...