Sunday, July 5, 2009

Experiencing the Music








Michelle, John and Elizabeth joined us this weekend to celebrate the 4th of July.  We barbecued and some of us went swimming at the pool down the street.  Then, at night, we went to the park at the top of the hill to watch the fireworks.  It was a very fun day!

Today, we went to the EMP (Experience the Music Project).  They currently have an exhibit on Jim Henson and the Muppets.  It was great!  They had a puppet theater where you could perform songs with puppets.  Very cool.  I wanted to see more Muppets and hear more of my favorite songs.  I think we'll be renting Fraggle Rock and the Muppet Show in the near future!

The Sky Church at the EMP was playing Michael Jackson music and videos.  Elizabeth loved the wide open space and was dancing away.  She enjoyed the museum quite a bit.  There were instruments that she could play.  There was also a stage where all of us performed "I Love Rock and Roll."  Elizabeth picked the song and our band's name:  All of Us.  She said that was her favorite thing we did all weekend!

Happy belated 4th to everyone!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

We had so much fun with you this weekend! The pool was great, dinner was yummy, the fireworks were "fabulous" (as Elizabeth would say) and we all loved the EMP. Elizabeth wants to know when we can come back...I know I want to see the inside of your new house as soon as I can!

Mom said...

What fun!!!!