- We decided to take my house off the market. There was no interest, outside of some shady proposal from an agent in California. (My agent searched the internet for information on this agent and only found negative things like, "Stay away from her. She is a fraud." We didn't pursue this proposal any further.) We will live in my house, which is now "our house", for the time being. We may stay here for a while. It's a great little house and we both love Magnolia. I'll just have to look for ways to make the commute easier and start working from home more.
- Wedding preparations are coming along nicely. Every once in a while one of us will feel a bit overwhelmed by some aspect of the wedding itself or the whole wedding week and weekend. But, luckily, the feelings don't seem to last. In early January, we have a list of things to do. But, we are in a good place to stop and enjoy the holidays!
- We had a really fun Thanksgiving weekend. We went to Portland to visit Michelle, John and Elizabeth. We spent Thanksgiving with them at their friends' house. The food was excellent! Steve made this cornbread with fennel, golden raisins and cranberries. It was so yummy. We also visited Steve's Uncle John, Aunt Naomi and cousin Gina the day after Thanksgiving. They invited Michelle, John and Elizabeth to come with us. They made an awesome meal. (A love of cooking is a Deitz trait, I'm discovering. Boy, I hit the jackpot! :) ) Elizabeth loved meeting everyone and did not want to leave. Neither did I!
- My vet found a home for one of my cats, Hattie. I transferred her to her new home a few weeks ago. This is really good news for Hattie. She needs to be in a home where the owner has more time for her and where she isn't tormented by another cat or has to deal with a dog. I'm happy for Hattie, but still sad that I couldn't provide the home that she needed. I had her in my life for 12 years. She's a sweet, sweet cat and I miss her.
- The Pacific Northwest is in the middle of a record breaking cold spell. It's been below freezing for days now. They have been predicting snow for over a day now and we haven't gotten any. This is really unusual weather and it has everyone holed up, not wanting to get stuck in a snow storm. School was cancelled today, just for the threat of snow. It certainly feels a lot like Christmas!
Today is my Dad's birthday. Happy Birthday, Dad!! And, Happy Holidays to everyone. We will be seeing some of you very soon!!
1 comment:
MB, thanks for the updates. I'm surprised you weren't able to sell your house. If you were in Michigan, it wouldn't be a surprise, but in Seattle? Maybe the bad economy has hit there, too.
Steve sounds like a good cook. You two will have the most fabulous dinner parties with his dishes and your pies!
Post a Comment